Is your career physically demanding? If yes, than you need to be aware that you are at a higher risk than others for sustaining orthopedic injuries. Accidents can occur at any time and always seem to occur at the worst of times.
Orthopedic injuries are ones that occur to the knees, spine, ankles and feet, and hips and shoulders and oftentimes can be serious and having you out of work for an extended period of time.
Common work related injuries
Depending of the physicality of your job, the more demanding, the chances of sustaining these types of injuries become greater:
- Sprained ankle: If you find yourself participating in a lot of jumping, pivoting or running, the greater your chances become of succumbing to this type of injury.
- Tennis Elbow: When you are subjecting your elbow to overuse, you put yourself at a higher risk for developing this condition.
- Plantar Fasciitis: This is a type of heel injury that can cause significant pain caused by stress on the ligaments.
- Dislocated shoulder: This injury is painful and requires a physician to place the bone back in place which can be painful.
- Fractures: Your muscles can become overused and as time goes on they become weaker and may crack.
- Carpal Tunnel: This injury is a result of overuse of the wrist which can be contributed to texting or even typing for long periods of time throughout the day.
If you have sustained an orthopedic injury, please contact our Atlanta orthopedic doctors today so they can assist you in healing your injury and getting you back to your daily life with as little pain as possible. Contact us today at (404) 592-1186 for a consultation!