Our Atlanta orthopedic doctors can identify and address a large variety of conditions that are connected to workplace injuries. Although orthopedic doctors in general are focused on treating musculoskeletal conditions, they are also equipped to resolve other types of health issues.
Orthopedic Treatment and Care
Consider the following information that highlights some of the most common health conditions our orthopedic doctors can treat:
- ACL Tears: The ACL ties the femur to the tibia. When your knees are exposed to sudden movements that apply significant stress to the surrounding tissue or ligaments, micro or complete ACL tears can occur. Although most people who sustain an ACL injury are athletes, such injuries can also take place at work.
- Ankle Injuries: Most ankle fractures or sprains occur as a result of a slip and fall accident or when someone rolls their ankle. Most ankle sprains are treatable without the use of invasive solutions although fractures may require surgical intervention.
- Arthritis: Arthritis and osteoarthritis can both develop as a result of stress that gradually develops over time.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: This particular condition appears within individuals who continuously perform the same type of actions each day such as typing on a computer and maneuvering a computer mouse. Although most people do not relate carpal tunnel syndrome to workplace injuries, this is one of the most common conditions caused by the workplace environment.
- Rotator Cuff Injuries: If your occupation requires you to life and move heavy items on a regular or daily basis, it’s easy to develop some type of rotator cuff injury such as a tear or a shoulder labral tear.
- Wrist Injuries: Similar to ankle injuries, wrist fractures or sprains can develop fairly quickly from work-related activities. If someone experiences a slip and fall accident, they are most likely going to be inclined to extend their hands and wrists in an attempt to limit the impact. This positioning, while it may occur instinctively, is likely to lead to some type of damage.
Contact AICA Orthopedic For Immediate Injury Treatment
The conditions and injuries our team treats are just a few of the areas our orthopedic doctors support on a regular basis. If you’ve recently sustained some type of pain or injury at work, it’s imperative to seek treatment before anything worsens.
If you’re in the greater Atlanta region, AICA Orthopedics can help you throughout the entire treatment phase. To speak with an experienced medical expert about your condition and which treatment options are appropriate for you, contact us today online or by dialing (404) 855-2141.