If injured in an auto accident, seeking treatment is a must but who do you see? If you suffer injuries should you make an appointment with an Atlanta orthopedic doctor or a chiropractor? As each injury is unique, the answer to that question may vary.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Effective at treating acute back, neck, and shoulder pain and strains
- Can provide immediate relief of pain
- Immediate availability
- Minimally invasive treatment
- Alleviate pain through non-surgical means such as manipulation of the spine, adjustments, massage, electro-stimulation and physical therapy
- Cost effective compared to orthopedic surgeons
Benefits to Orthopedic Care
- More equipped to handle “serious or potentially serious” medical issues such as: nerve or spinal cord damage; any problems controlling bowel/bladder functions; numbness/tingling in the legs; back pain with associated leg pain, weakness of leg muscles, fractures or other issues not considered “soft tissue” injuries.
- Can prescribe pain medication, if warranted.
- Considered more credible by insurance companies and/or juries.
- Can provide surgical relief of injuries if other conservative care options are not appropriate.
When involved in an auto accident, seeking immediate medical care is a necessity. If injuries are sustained to the musculoskeletal system seeking care from an orthopedic specialist is the best place to start your treatment.
At AICA Orthopedics, our team of orthopedics doctors and chiropractors in Atlanta expand to other approaches to ensure all of the appropriate options to treat your injuries. Our car accident center will provide you with whatever treatment plan will be most effective and successful for you to reach a full recovery. Contact our office today, at (404) 855-2141.