Neurological specialists provide an essential service for diagnosing and treating headaches and head and brain injuries. These diseases include those that affect the muscles, nerves, spinal cord and brain. Additionally, neurological specialists play a pivotal role in consulting with our Atlanta Orthopedic Doctors to provide long-term patient care.
Neurological specialists can treat a variety of conditions, some of which are listed below:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Migraine Headaches
- Huntington’s Disease
- Cephalic Disorders
Neurological specialists complete full exams and diagnostic testing to get to the heart of the problem, determine a diagnosis, and develop a care plan. Some of the most prominent diagnostic testing these doctors use include the following:
- Open Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): This test is used to scan patients’ brains to determine the severity of their injury. Doctors use this technology to get an image of the interior of the brain.
- Electromyography (EMG): This test can help doctors to determine if muscular weakness is due to a neurological problem through the insertion of a small electrode into the skin and muscle.
- Nerve Conduction Velocity (NVC): This test measures nerve conduction rates, and it can diagnose pain and certain disorders like diabetic neuropathy and carpal tunnel syndrome.
VISIT A NEUROLOGICAL SPECIALIST
If you are considering a visit to a neurological specialist in the Atlanta area, there are a variety of options from which you can choose:
- ONP Specialty Group
- M.S. Center of Atlanta
- Interventional Neurology Associates
- Neurocare Center of Atlanta
If you suspect that you have a neurological disorder, don’t delay in seeking treatment. By receiving care in a timely manner, you can avoid damage that can be caused by chronic neurological disorders.