There are several events for various difficulties causing your neck discomfort. Nevertheless, most operations comprise of getting to the area initiating the pain, eliminating whatever is causing the problem and swapping it with something that won’t cause you pain. While patients can usually go home within a couple of days after their operation, recuperation time is much longer. Patients will have to obey rules that are put in place to keep them protected and to let the surgery mend.
After Your Surgery
When you come out of your operation, there are some things you can count on. This is to guarantee you’ll be as protected and relaxed as possible as you start to recuperate. You could be prescribed pain medication and shown how to take care of the surgical area. You will also be educated about what activities you should avoid. For example, you should not be working or doing any vigorous activity during your recuperation period. Other post-operation expectations include:
- Physical Activity Confines: You should refrain from lifting beyond 8 lbs. or kneeling over to pick up any objects. You can plan for this by having someone help you around the household, or getting a gripping device to get objects from the ground.
- Driving: You will not be able to drive for approximately two weeks. This is set to guarantee your safety and the safety of other operators on the road.
- Showering: Your incision must heal so nothing can get in and cause an infection. The stitching needs time to close the incision.
You need to be aware if something is incorrect. If you notice any of these events occurring after surgery, call your physician immediately.
- You have a temperature.
- The surgical cut is bleeding or has pus.
- You have difficulty breathing.
- You have difficulty using the bathroom.
- You experience additional pain or numbness.
Take Your Time With The Recovery Process
Even if you have the smallest instinct that something is off, call your Orhtopedic Doctor to work out the situation. You need to take some serious time to allow your body to heal without stress or exertion, which could result in obstacles and spread out your recuperation time. The best way to getting back to doing what you love is to be patient and relax. Contact our Atlanta Orthopedic Doctors to learn more about neck surgery and whether or not it’s right for you. Just dial (404) 855-2141 to schedule an appointment.